Solar energy has been increasingly becoming a popular source in many countries. By utilising the limitless power from the sun, we can meet the rising demands for energy while reducing the needs for other non-renewable sources. Here are some interesting facts on solar energy which would help you understand its potentials.
1. Solar energy is comprised of radiant light and heat from the sun. It could be harnessed by using some advanced technologies such as solar architecture, solar thermal, artificial photosynthesis, solar heating, and photovoltaic.
2. There are two forms of solar technology: passive and active. Solar thermal and photovoltaic panels are active units which can directly produce solar energy. Passive technologies include building spaces to enhance air circulation and orienting space to use sunlight favourably.
3. The earth basically gets 174 PWs of solar radiation in the atmosphere. Approximately 30 per cent will be reflected back to space, while the remaining will be absorbed by masses, land, clouds, and oceans.
4. Agriculture and horticulture and agriculture can make use of solar power. These include advanced techniques such as planting different plant varieties or timing of growing cycles. Greenhouses could also be used to transform sunlight into heat to improve year-round cultivation of some special crops.
5. Solar energy could be utilised for producing saline, brackish, or potable water. Without using chemicals or electricity, it is still possible to treat wastewater with solar power. Indeed, this technique has existed for a long time.
6. You can sterilise, dry, or cook foods with solar energy thanks to its heat and radiation.
7. Solar power is undoubtedly the most effective application of solar energy. You can convert it into electricity with indirect techniques like concentrated power or direct techniques like photo voltaic.
8. Solar processes can replace other fossil fuels as a primary source for producing chemical energy, making it transportable and storable. Also, photosynthesis could produce a variety of fuels.
9. Solar energy is widely considered the potential energy sources in the future because it is non polluting and helps reduce greenhouse effects due to fossils fuels.
10. Space missions in many countries make use of solar energy to operate and power the spaceships.
11. With many advancements in the scientific researches, it might be more affordable and efficient to convert and use solar Adelaide in the future.
12. Solar energy is a preferred way of producing power in those areas which need temporary power such as Olympics, mining sites, or fairs.
13. Solar panels require minimal maintenance because the batteries can last for many years without regular service or water. Thus, there will be no recurring expenses after the installation.
14. Solar power would have a significant reduction in your utility bills. Also, there are many rebate programs and tax incentives created to encourage people to use this source of energy.
15. Solar energy can be used in a variety of applications such as evaporation, biomass, electricity, construction, water heating, and transportation.